Monday, July 19, 2010

Jaxon at 5

I decided since Jaxon turned 5, it might be a good idea for me to jot down a few things about him at this age so I can remember what he was like when my brain starts going...oh wait, I feel like that is already happening. Anyway...here it goes...

  • Jaxon is definitely a first child. My friend and I were talking about it one day and you can tell who the first children are in a family...they are the ones who always want to please, never want to go against what they think they should do or what is right. They are always concerned that what they are doing is the right thing and they are doing it correctly. I don't know if this is true for all first children, but it sure is for my first child!
  • People always think he is older than he is...people usually guess that he is 6. He's just tall for his age I guess.
  • He is old enough and academically ready to go to kindergarten in the fall, but after much debate, worry, and mind changing, we've decided to hold him back a year so he is the oldest in his class and not the youngest. I hope and pray this is the right decision, but I think it will be best for him when he gets older.
  • Jaxon has already decided who his is going to marry...his best friend Lily. They talk about it all the time and have even decided how old they are going to be...if I remember correctly it's 22 or 23. So cute!
  • He can read quite well, although I have to force him to sit down with me to read and he would much rather look at the pictures the whole time instead of actually read the words...stinker!
  • He is taking swim lesson right now and is doing really well. I am very impressed and happy that he is getting more comfortable in the water.
  • He would watch movies all day long if I let him. I hate this, and limit his movie viewing as much as I can
  • Jaxon isn't quite able to ride a bike without training wheels, but he's almost there...just a few more practice sessions with dad and he should be good!
  • He is really into superheros and will play for hours on end with his superheros and superhero toys that he has
  • He loves having friends over and would love it if a friend could come over all day everyday.
  • Jaxon is a very polite and well mannered little man, not perfect, but for the most part very good!
  • He loves his sister and brother...even though she tortures him all.of.the.time! Today was a tough day with Brynn and Jaxon could tell, so he was so good and did everything I asked him to the first time...what a great boy!
  • He loves to help Jason do anything...garden, fix anything that needs fixing, cooking, as long as he gets to spend time with dad!

He is a joy to our family and we are so blessed to have him in our family! Love you buddy!

No comments: