Monday, July 16, 2007

Welcome Brynn!






Our beautiful little girl Brynn Elizabeth Greensides was born on April 24, 2007. She weighed in at a whopping 5 lbs. 10 oz and was 18 inches long. She was only a week early, but she was so small because I had something called placenta deprivation so she wasn't getting all the nutrients she needed from me. They did an ultrasound on the 23rd and decided to induce me later that night at around 9:00. Well, around 5:00 p.m. I started having contractions (she must have know we were going to force her out, so she got things started on her own!). We got to the hospital at around 9:00 like they told us to and got checked in and everything and I was already at a three. We stayed the night there and not too much changed. Things went pretty quickly in the morning though and after a couple of scares with her heart rate dropping, she joined our family just after noon. She is a great baby! We thought since Jaxon was such a great baby, that our next one would be awful, but she has proved us wrong. By the time she was a week a a half old, she was sleeping through the night. She's put herself on a great schedule, she hardly ever cries unless she is really mad. We are so lucky!

Jaxon loves his little sister. He loves to hold her and give her kisses. He gets mad at me when I put her in her crib to take a nap because he wants to "play" with her, so we had to put a childproof thing on her door knob so he couldn't go in and wake her up to play with her. On Jaxon's birthday, we gave him some suckers. When I put Brynn in her crib later that day, I found a sucker in her crib, he was sharing with her! He really loves his little sister and she likes him too. I think she lights whenever she sees him.

We feel very blessed to have such cute, sweet kids. I don't think we could have asked for better kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling pictures. I will need a copy of the ones at Bear Lake so I can hang them in the cabin. Cute blog you are so ambitious! If I didn't have to spend so much time shopping I would start my own blog. You believe that don't you? Love ya, Mom

Anonymous said...

I love how mom said she would have her own blog, since I am the one who had to show her how to view this, oh and explain what a blog is!!! This is so cute, you really are ambitious. Let me know when you update it, I love seeing your cute family.