Saturday, August 15, 2009

Petting Zoo!

We went to the Thanksgiving Point Petting Zoo in July...we went with our good friends Annelise and Kate and their cute kids. It was a lot of fun...I like the petting zoo since it's little, my kids can run around and I'm not too worried about them, they can touch the animals, it's not expensive and we are only there for like an hour and a half...perfect for us!



One thing that Jaxon loves to do there is ride the ponies. He was so big and did it all by himself and I didn't even need to be by him at all...which is good because Brynn wouldn't let me leave her side...or let me take my hands off of her for that matter!


This was Brynn's first experience with the ponies and she wasn't too sure of it. It could have been the fact that she was one of the littlest kids riding the ponies and she got the biggest pony there was! It was fun...she warmed up to it just as the ride was ending, but I think she liked it!


I always take a picture of my kids on this little sheep...I think it's cute!

Brynn was a little nervous of all the animlas at first...she's kind of funny about stuff like that...but she really warmed up the this miniature horse and her baby...they were so cute and Brynn kept going back to them to look at them and every now and them she was brave enough to pet them, but not too much!
When we were paying for our tickets, the lady working there told us that a colt had been born about twenty minutes earlier, so I was super excited to get outside and see the baby. It was so cute! This is the baby about a half an hour after birth...doesn't it look like his mom is giving him a little kiss?



We got to see the baby take its first steps also...I think the worker there told us that if the colt isn't up and walking within an hour and a half (I think!) then they start to worry...crazy huh! It was so fun to watch this little guy try so hard just to stand up...he was so wobbly, but he did it!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Fun!

Hewitt Family said...

Um, I didn't get the memo that you all were having a petting zoo party! I would've LOVED to come. Put me on the invite list next time. Fischer LOVES animals!