Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Better Late Than Never...

Well, Jordan's 1st birthday was on November 20th and I am just getting around to posting something about it...what a great mom I am, right?

We had a small party with Jason's family on the 18th because we didn't think we were going to be home on his actual birthday, but it turns out we were...oh well!

He had a great time opening presents, well actually he was kind of grumpy that night...but he still had fun. Jaxon and Brynn had a great time playing with cousins too!







The best part of the night for Jordan was the cake. I had big plans to make a really yummy, fun cake, but I had surgery on my ear two days before the party, and had to have a bandage on my ear, so I sent Jason to the store to get some stuff for the cake. He came home and told me he had made an executive decision and bought a cake...works for me! It was a lot less work!
























On his actual birthday, we had a little party here at home with just our family. Well...Jason was really sick that night, so he was on the couch while Jordan opened his presents. He was atcually much more interested in sitting and standing on his presnts than actually opening them. But with a little help from Jaxon and Brynn, he got them all opened eventually. I'm pretty sure Jaxon and Brynn played with his presents a ton more than Jordan did...I guess that's what happens with you have older sibilings :)




I still can't believe my baby boy is one! Where does the time go? He is such a happy, sweet, fun little boy to have around our house! Here are a few things about him:

He is already walking and has been since he was about 11 months old (my other kids didn't walk this early!)

He can say quite a few words: mom, day, uh-oh, bye, hi, ball, boo, more, night-night, love ya (there are more I just can't think of them right now!)

He loves to read books...all the time!

He loves to give kisses...big slobbery kisses!

He loves to play with Jaxon and Brynn (as long as she's not trying to sit on him!)

He loves to play with the pots and pans while I am cooking dinner...at first I hated it, but now as long as it keeps him entertained, I don't care!

I love this little boy so much and am so blessed to have him in our family!

1 comment:

ashley g. said...

At least you acknowledged his birthday in lots of fun ways! And even on the internet? He is bumped up to 2nd child status- not the 3rd!

Happy Birthday Jordan! It's been fun to see you grow!