Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Patrick's Day



Let me start off by saying I am not a huge fan of St. Patrick's Day...I don't really have anything against it, but I just don't really get it. So, I was quite proud of myself this year for actually doing something fun for this useless holiday!

The day before St. Patrick's Day, Jaxon had school and they celebrated it a day early since they didn't have school on the actual day. Well, apparently those pesky leprechauns messed up his classroom and I had to hear about it for about 45 minutes after he got home from school. At first it was cute to hear him talk about it, but then I was about ready to pull off my ears (I know I am a mean mom!). He asked me if I thought the leprechauns would mess up our house like they did his school...I don't know, you'll have to see I said! So, that night, Jason and I messed up the living/dining rooms/kitchen area...chairs on the table, and turned over on the floor, cushions off the couches, the couch overturned...nothing too dramatic because I knew I would be the one to clean it all up! Of course I didn't take pictures of it...oh well!

St. Patrick's Day morning, Brynn and Jordan woke up first. I knew Brynn wouldn't be able to handle the chaos for long, so I had to wake up Jaxon so he could see what the naughty leprechauns did to our house! He thought it was so silly and I heard about leprechauns all through breakfast, while we were getting ready, and during our whole drive to the gym...he's a little obsessed! I was super festive and make green pancakes for breakfast...wahoo!

Well at the park after the gym, my friend Kate and I decided it would be fun to get together after dinner and have St. Patrick's Day desserts...no not Irish desserts, just desserts with enough green food coloring in them to alarm me just a little bit when I changed Jordan's diaper this morning! So, I made (well Jaxon helped too) green chocolate chip cookies and green caramel popcorn (Jason did that one!) and our friends brought green Sprite floats...it was super fun! Jason thought my cookies were awful, but it was just because they were green because every other person who tasted them thought they were great!

So, to sum it all up, I'm still not a huge fan of St. Patrick's Day, but it is quite fun to see my cute kids have so much fun with the silly things we do!

No comments: