Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Carving Pumpkins

 Pumpkin carving...I have to admit...not one of my favorite traditions, but I do it for the kids :)  Jaxon asked everyday for about two weeks when we were going to carve pumpkins...when it was finally time, he was so excited! 

I love Brynn's face in this picture...she actually didn't mind the "guts" too much and did a great job cleaning out her pumpkin.
 Jaxon loved his pumpkin and insisted on having a two-sided jack-o-lantern.  I had to carve a face on one side and a ghost on the other...he was happy with the finished product.

 Jason carved our traditional Mickey pumpkin...nothing too fancy this year...we kept it pretty simple!
 Jordan had fun coloring on his pumpkin for the first little while.  Eventually he had fun trying to scoop out the guts.  Then he was very specific how he wanted his carved.  He told me what shapes he wanted the eyes and nose and I took it upon myself to decide what kind of mouth to do.  He thought the whole process was pretty cool!

 Love the concentration on his face...so cute!
 Jaxon's pumpkin was the toughest pumpkin to carve...literally...it was so hard to get the knife in and out of it!
The finished products...Brynn was being a butt and being grumpy for pictures...isn't she sweet!

1 comment:

Lia said...

Your kids are growing way too fast!! Holy smokes!!