Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What Will 2011 Bring?

It's always fun at the beginning of a new year to think what is going to happen throughout the year.  Here are a few things I can think of right off the top of my head...

  • Jaxon will start Kindergarten this year...technically, he could have started last year, but I held him back since his birthday is in July, so he would be the oldest and not the youngest in his grade...hopefully it was the right decision :)  I think he will LOVE Kindergarten and he will do great!
  • Jordan will be (or better) be potty trained this year!  I hate potty training...HATE it...but I am so excited for him to be potty trained...I am shooting for starting around May, if he's ready...cross you fingers!
  • Brynn will start her second year of preschool and she can't wait!  She loves school and asks everyday if it's a school day.  She's a quick learner...knows all of her alphabet and letter sounds and can count to 20 and recognize numbers up to 10...she's cute!
  • Jason and I are going on a Disney Cruise (yes that's right, we are leaving the kids home to go on a Disney Cruise...nice parents, right?) in October.  Our first trip sans kids since we went on our last cruise in January 2007...needless to say we are super excited!
  • Jaxon will turn 6 in July, Brynn will turn 4 in April and Jordan will turn 3 in November...how did my kids get so old?!
  • Jason and I will celebrate our 9th anniversary in March...seriously, we've been married 9 years...it seems like just yesterday...really it does!
  • We will become a family of 6 in July...that's right...the newest member of the Greensides family is coming in July and we couldn't be happier!  It will make July a crazy busy month with three birthdays, but it will be great!  We find out the gender in two weeks and  I will be happy with either!  
I'm sure I left out many fun things that are going to happen this year,l but it sounds like a fun, exciting, and busy year doesn't it?  Hopefully we can make it! Bring on 2011!

3 comments:

Lia said...

You're expecting!!! Congratulations!! I'm guessing you won't be running much this summer, I'll think of you while I'm out there.
Looks like you have a lot to look forward to.

mIcHeLLe said...

yay for baby #4!!!!
and I love that you are going on the Disney Cruise w/out kids...awesome!

The Tomlinsons said...

Sounds like you are going to have a very eventful year! Best of luck in all these new and great experiences, cruise, potty training, and baby number 4.