Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11/2001

I just wanted to take some time to reflect on 9/11/2001. I was going to school at UVSC at the time. I had a 7:00 am English class. There was a student who came in late and said they were late because they were watching the new about a bomb on a plane or something like that. I didn't think much of it...then I went to a dumb computer class I had right after that. A couple of people were talking about the same thing...a bomb on a plane and again, I didn't think too much about it.

When that class was over, I was walking down the hall to my car and came to a stop when I saw a ton of people crowded around one of the tvs they had in the hall that was usually tuned to a news channel. Well, that was when I found out exactly what had happened...I couldn't beleive it! My first thought was this can't be happening, not here in America, things like that don't happen here.

The rest of my classes were cancelled for the day, so I headed to my apartment. I kept watching the news coverage and still couldn't believe it. My friend and I went to try to donate blood, but for some reason we couldn't, so we just sat and talked about what was going on. I just couldn't wrap my head around it.

I remember going to bed that night and desperately praying for the families of the victims and all those invovled...when I woke up in the morning I thought for sure that it had all been just a bad dream, so I turned on the radio, and sure enough, it wasn't.

I can say that I really miss the sense on unity everyone had on 9/12/2001. I remember things just felt so different than they do now...I get so sick of all the political crap that is going on right now...I don't know why we can't just go back to how it was on 9/12/2001 and remember how everyone came together...I wish that's how it could always be, but unfortunately people forget and go about their daily lives and will not worry about it unitl it happens again...please don't let it happen again!

I was at the gym today on the treadmilll and one channel was showing a live coverage from 9/11/01 and it almost brought tears to my eyes...please don't ever forget what happened that day! I love that while I am getting ready to go to Park City for a girls' weekend, my sweet husband is taking my three children to the healing field, so they will know what happened and never forget it!

Thank you to all the armed forces who keep us safe...thank you and your families for your sacrifices, I can never repay you for my safety!

I know I am just kind of rambling, I wanted this to me more well thought out, but I have to leave in five minutes to go to Park City and I wanted to get this posted before I left because it is so important to me...

3 comments:

The Tomlinsons said...

It was a day that we will all remember, thanks for your thoughts.

The Tomlinsons said...

Thanks for your thoughts. It was definitely a horrible day, and one I'll never forget.

It was great to see you guys last weekend!

Lia said...

Thanks for this post.