Wednesday, July 23, 2008

So Grateful!

So, we are still in the process of moving...just waiting for the funding for the people buying our house to go through. It should go through by Friday so we can move in the new house on Saturday. We thought we were going to be able to move in a lot faster, like by today or tomorrow, so we packed most of our stuff into portable storage boxes on Saturday and Monday. I never realized how much I take some stuff or granted. For instance, couches...we moved all of our couches into the port-a-boxes, some going to storage until the basement is finished and others until we get to move in. Can I just tell you how uncomfortable it is to sit on the hard floor and watch tv or a movie with no couch to sit on! Not fun at all!

Also, Jason wanted to move our fridge into the port-a-box while he had help on Monday night, so we have been living without a fridge since then. Doesn't sound like too big of a deal, but do you know how many times I have gone to the fridge to get cold water and it wasn't there! Jason said tonight he has never wanted ice water so bad in his life!

Right now I am sitting on the floor, typing with the keyboard on my lap because our desk has been moved out as well.

It really is amazing how much I take for granted and it makes me so grateful that I am so blessed to have all of these modern conveniences! So, next time you go to sit on your couch, get a cold drink with ice or get milk out of the fridge, be thankful you have those things:)

3 comments:

Lia said...

Oh, and here I was hoping that you had gotten all moved in!! If you need anything at all please give me a holler! I hope their funding goes through soon!

Amy C said...

Good luck getting moved asap! I can't imagine being pregnant and not having a couch to sit on! That would be awful!

Jeff and Chelsy said...

that is so funny! I am afraid we too will be with out the luxury of a couch, end table, coffee table, and much more here in the next couple of months as we prepare to move home. We are going to sell all our "nice things" ie: D.I. furniture. Hope you get to move in soon.