Sunday, November 9, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

Since the time we got our pumpkins, Jaxon would ask at least three times a week when we were going to carve them, so the Monday before Halloween we carved pumpkins for family home evening. I am not a huge fan of carving pumpkins, I think it's fun to watch the kids, but I don't like doing it myself, so I leave it up to Jason. Well, we decided it would be fun to do a Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Cinderella pumpkin, one for each of us. So, we got online and found the templates and Jason got to work. He even got out one of his power tools because he thought it would make it easier, but I don't think it really helped!

While Jason was busy doing the other pumpkins, Jaxon was working on his, and I was lucky enough to get to help! So, we carved his cute little pumpkin. He told me what shape he wanted the eyes, and nose and I tired to do some kind of mouth, it turned out kind of cute! We did it kind of backwards and cleaned out the guts after we had carved the pumpkins...that's where Brynn got involved. She thought it was pretty fun to sit on the table and stick her hand in the pumpkin. She also thought it was fun to eat the seeds...gross!

Well, after Jason got done with two of the pumpkins, he decided he was done and didn't want to carve anymore, so we ended up with Jaxon's pumpkin face and Mickey and Minnie. I think they turned out pretty cute! I'm not sure how, but I got stuck seperating the seeds from the guts so we could bake them...not a fun job, but the seeds turned out pretty yummy!

Jaxon's finished product!
Brynn wasn't afraid to dig in and get messy and eat a few seeds in the process!
This was before I started helping Jaxon...not sure what is up with his face!
And this is what Brynn did while I was helping Jaxon...What a cheeseball!
He uses any excuse he can to bring out the power tools!

The finished products!

1 comment:

Jeff and Chelsy said...

those pumpkins are pretty dang cool!