Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pumpkin Patch!

Tonight we headed down the road and went to the pumpkin patch. I love this pumpkin patch, it's on 118th South and 3600 West. We have gone there the last three Octobers, since we moved to South Jordan and I love it. They have tractors for the kids to sit on and a corn maze and tons of pumpkins. We drive past the pumpkin patch quite often, so as soon as Jaxon could tell there were pumpkins growing in the field, he would tell me he wanted to go get pumpkins. Well, I knew tonight was going to be a little bit warmer than it had been the rest of the week, so we decided tonight was the night. The kids had so much fun sitting on the tractors and picking out their own special pumpkins. Brynn had a rough time walking because the ground was pretty uneven, but that didn't seem to bother her too much!

Brynn thought this tractor was pretty cool!


Aren't they cute!?
Not the best family picture, but we have to get a picture as a family every year when we pick pumpkins!
Jaxon picked this pumpkin out all on his own after looking for about one minute...not very patient!
Brynn liked this pumpkin, but we decided it would be the babies (Landon or Jordan...who knows!) and she got a little bit bigger one, but she couldn't hold it.
Jaxon loved all of the tractors, but was disappointed there wasn't a "picking up one" which I think is a loader?
Jaxon in front of the corn maze. He found that ear of corn on one of the tractors and would not let go of it. He really wanted to eat it, but we wouldn't let him and told him that it was the kind of corn that cows ate, so on the way home (yes he had to bring it home) he kept asking us if we were going to give it to the cows. What a silly boy!
Brynn did not want her picture taken by the corn maze, I think it freaked her out a little bit.
We came home and had hot chocolate and doughnuts. My kids never get doughnuts, their just something I don't usually buy, but I stopped at Macy's on the way home from the gym this morning and thought it would be a fun tradition to start having hot chocolate and doughnuts after picking pumpkins. Brynn was not at all impressed with the hot chocolate which really surprised me, but she quite liked the doughnut...surprise!
Jaxon also liked his doughnut, but unlike Brynn he liked his chocolate milk too, but he liked Jason's even more, out of a big mug!

3 comments:

Lia said...

What cute pictures. I love the big grin on Brynn's face when she's "driving" the tractor. I love it when you can have a nice hot drink after being out in the cold! Cozy.

Amy C said...

How fun that you guys do that each year! That is something I want to start doing, we'll see if it happens, though. I too am not one that gives my kids donuts often, but they know they like them. They think they could live off of them! :)

Jennifer Phillips said...

Hey I just came across your blog while I was looking at Annelise's blog, anyway it's awesome how many people are into the whole blogging thing, I guess I never thought about possibly my neighbors or ward members being fellow bloggers but low behold I think everyone is. Anyway I just thought I would say hi